Dance For Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dance For Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson World Wide Fan Page

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» May 8, 2016 Paid Event in Jacksonville, NC
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» ANNOUNCEMENTS!! -- Upcoming Shows/ Tutorials/Events
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 1:48 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» Michael Jackson - Backstage
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 10:36 am by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» Glimpse Of Love -- Poems Written by: CP1982Jackson
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:42 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» Dance Techniques
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» DANCE REHEARSALS WITH COLE
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 9:58 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» Learn JAM - Brunei Concert Version
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» Plane Flights To and From Washington State 06-07-2014
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

» Special Visits--Traveling Around The World
SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 pm by MJLegendaryTributeShow

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 103 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:15 am
Statistics
We have 2 registered users
The newest registered user is Mj_Forelyfe

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 118 subjects

SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Empty
PostSubject: SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:31 am

Welcome to the Michael Jackson dance team!!  So, you have decided to possibly become an impersonator or maybe just perhaps perform only a little.
At this point, your life has changed! Very Happy  

Follow on facebook.com/Dance4MichaelJackson
(All friend requests will be accepted.  If I am on-line I will chat)

This section is for advice/tips, etc. in order to prepare you for dealing with the public.  Also, you will gain advice on blocking/getting rid of negative energy so that you will be able to function as a potential performer.

Number one thing to remember:  NEVER change who you are to compromise what others want!!

Words from Michael Jackson:
No matter what the most powerful thing in the world is the human mind and prayer and belief in yourself.  No matter how many times you do it, you do it again until it's right.  And no matter who's around you that's being negative or bursting that negative energy at you totally block it off because whatever you believe you become.  Most important stay humble even as humble that a child, like a new born baby has even though you may become powerful or have power with people with your talent.  Underneath all of that be as humble as a child, as a baby and be as kind and giving, and loving.

I have been a Michael Jackson admirer/fan since around Sept/Oct of 1982.  (Yes, it adds up to 31 years!)
Whether or not if you have experienced people staring at you, making fun of you by saying, "hee...hee" or possibly other comments etc. you may begin to wonder if you really want to take on the added responsibility??    In whatever case you probably will at certain instances feel a need  to perhaps become defensive on Michael's behalf.  If that has already occurred, you are not alone.  One of the most important factors to keep in mind as an impersonator/choreographer/dancer/singer  is that all around you are "Michael's fans".  Most of the time people will be very creative in getting a response from you probably as if to see how you will react/respond.  If at this time you are thinking that "no" you're not wearing his clothes to be recognized in public, think again!  An example is one day I was casually dressed in sweat pants and a tee shirt, walking up to a Game Stop in my local area.  A small  group of guys just playing around saw me wearing my hat, which of course I always wear.  One of them pretended to do a spin and at the same time sang "Billie Jean is not my lover".  (This is not the first time of course for me.)  However, if it has never happened to you yet you may feel a little uncomfortable and try to pretend that they are not joking about you (even though they really may be).

One thing to always consider is that whenever you are in public everyone is watching what you do especially if you are dancing.

3 times !!

While filming, I spend countless hours trying to avoid the same employee/person continuously opening and closing the door.  This comes with the territory as I am in a public gym. After hours of filming, I admit that a little frustration comes with it as well.  I always try to limit filming the public in my tutorials as well as talking, basketball playing,   Basketball and onlookers  Shocked  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Cool   (mostly for respect of their privacy).  It is not always easy!  You will get many different kinds of reactions from people.

No matter where you are expect people to walk up to you and ask you what you are doing, etc.  Sometimes they come up out of nowhere it seems.  Always try to be respectful of their questioning.  But, however at the same time let those whom want to linger around you more than what would be expected to know that you have a "busy schedule", etc.  It doesn't happen often but once in a while you will get someone who wants to prevent you to continue what you are working on and will almost refuse to leave.

As far as being a brand new dancer, you are up for one of the biggest challenges ever!!
Prepare to experience sore muscles and maybe be more tired than what you may be used to.  Sleep
Don't worry, the soreness will go away as long as you continue your work.
Make sure to remember that you need to eat healthy and drink plenty of water, etc.  (You will probably eat more as a result from your workouts either big or small.)

Also, it is VERY IMPORTANT to remember that even though you may not think that you are getting anywhere after hours and hours of trying to learn moves, you really are!  

At times, you may have people wanting you to perform when you are not ready to.  The easiest way to deal with this is just not do it.  Do not for any reason feel as though you have to.  

If you are considering at this time of being a performer for small stage shows, special events, etc.  you must be willing to rehearse continuously!   Think of it this way, finally you have memorized dance moves, music, etc.  In front of you are possibly 500 or more people and they are now focusing all of their attention on you, watching your every move.  This would not be the time to say oops! I forgot how to do this song/routine.  You have to prepare yourself for other people's cameras, pictures being taken of you, yelling, people making fun, laughing, etc.  You must be able to believe totally in who you are and in what you represent.  

Unfortunately, there will from time to time be people who generate negative energy.  You MUST remain focused if you are going to perform in public!!  DO NOT FOR ANY REASON let anyone influence you to NOT perform if that is what you want to do.  If you film videos, etc of yourself there will also be people who will criticize or place negative comments as well as "giving you a thumbs down" for your performance, etc.
Remember no matter what focus your attention on your performance not on other's opinions.

If you are able to film yourself take the video footage and make notations of how you can improve dance moves, etc.  It may be a little awkward at first but after a while you will definitely notice dramatic improvement.

Last edited by CP1982Jackson on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mjlegendarytribute.forumotion.com
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Glimpse of What I Do   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Get Ready To Meet The Public!!   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm

I suppose when you first start dancing you may not really want anyone to watch you right?  My first answer would be "yes".  As you rehearse and learn each individual dance move you will slowly gain the confidence to learn short routines and eventually dance for longer periods of time.  As I have learned through the years I have found that it is not speed that one needs in order to perform.  It is rhythm and mostly accuracy of blending moves together.  I have seen many videos where people are in such a hurry to perform to the music that they appear to be moving all over the stage area(s) in random motion(s) sometimes not completing a move, possibly rushing to get the next one done.  

After viewing hundreds of hours of film I noticed many times that it appeared as though Michael was performing what seemed like 5 moves at once.  He was indeed very accurate and fast.  Many were however just combinations of moves.  I can not tell you how many times while choreographing that I was frustrated.  It seemed for quite some time so incredibly difficult to pull off.  I spent a great deal of time even wondering if I could.  From what I know about Michael is that he would rehearse for hours and hours at a time getting his routines down so well that it literally became like second nature.  He of course had incredible patience and determination.

Once you decide to step outside of your comfort zone and go into public view you will almost immediately notice people staring/watching you.  Shortly, you will then have people walk up to you and talk to you, ask questions, take pictures, etc.  It takes a while to get used to but over a period of time it will not feel as awkward.
Try to keep in mind that if you are going out on a frequent basis it is at that point where it is part of "your job" if you are considering performing.  Try to be as professional as you can and most of all patient.  Be prepared if they ask for your website, e-mail address, etc. and don't trust people like you would if they were your best friend.  (A phone number may not be a good idea).  Also, be mindful of doing "favors" for people as well so you do not put yourself in a difficult situation.

Here is a video clip from when I first started filming in public.  This video has never before been released and was not really intended to be viewed.  I decided however that it is a good time to show this so that brand new dancers/performers will not shy away from wanting to perform in public.  I was just messing around and a young boy walked up to me and said that he wanted to learn how to dance. Just out of camera range in front of us were several people watching (family members).  I actually really enjoy moments when people say hello and we can goof off.  You totally forget how tired you may be, how many hours you've worked, and how hard it may have been to get to that certain point.  You get to talk to people who otherwise may have never said anything to you. 

Spring 2011

I've had many occasions which were not filmed where children came up doing much of the same thing as this young boy.  It doesn't matter what gender or nationality they are.  All they know is that it looks like fun and they want to be a part of it.  Adults are the same as well.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Words for the day   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Believe in yourself no matter what.
Focus on what you want to do, then do it.
Never let anyone stop you from being who you are.
If you have to change for someone else.....WHY??
Stay away from those who continually burst out negative energy and don't let anyone discourage you from being whom you wish to become or who you already are.
Set continuous goals for yourself....even when it seems as though you
are sacrificing daily with what appears to be no result.
Even in those times, the reward of your hard work and dedication will
pay off in the end.
Success is only weighed by what you feel is accomplished.
Enjoy your life everyday.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Words for the day   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm

For two weeks I've been "fighting" a head and chest cold
and really not feeling good.  I decided to get out of town
for a little while so I took a trip to Virginia.  On the way
back home I was trying to fill up my gas tank.  A man
politely opened the gas station door and greeted me by
saying, "Hey, Michael Jackson".  Sometimes, I just simply
forget that wherever I go people will always relate to me
in such a way.  Even a kind word to a complete stranger
whom you will never again see in your lifetime can bring
you back to the reality of who you really are.  Often, I
feel alone and sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to
fulfill even my own expectations of who I wish to become.
It's not about fame or money or even recognition.  The
only important thing is just bringing joy and happiness to
others.  It's when there are no racial boundaries and the
reality of the difficult times in life completely fades away.
Everything that I accomplish in life always tends to become
way bigger than I expect.  I'm not complaining or boasting
by any means, that's just what happens.  God has blessed
me in so many ways and has opened up so many directions
in my life that it almost appears as done effortlessly.  These
summer months are so incredibly hot that it is difficult to do
much.  I am ready to work like I've never done before.  I'm
ready to push to the max of what I feel that I will be able to
do because I know that's what it will take to become the best.
I thrive on bringing happiness to others even at my expense.
I understand that I have to sacrifice more than what the
otherwise "average" person would be willing to do.  To live the
lifestyle that I have requires incredible sacrifice.  I would not
be lying by saying that I work 7 days a week with hardly any
days off at all.  (Like giving up free time, no television, getting
up early, staying up late, working extremely long hours, vocal
rehearsals, layouts, research, song counts, stage counts, etc.)
To me genuine love is priceless.  You never really know who you
are influencing along the way.  You don't necessarily have to be
a performer, musician, etc.  Many times people may say things
and something what we would otherwise consider just a small
comment can stay in someone else's mind for years and influence
them in one way or another.  Enjoy your life each day and don't
find reasons or excuses to complain about how you life is today.  
Simply ask yourself what can I do to make tomorrow better?
Sometimes, you may just simply have to ask God to help you.
Ask genuinely and acknowledge that you are unable to do it
without his help.  You will instantly feel the burden taken away
when you do.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Setting Up A Small Show   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Very important! Before you film in a location be sure to inform that you will be filming and find out what your limitations are (if any).  Every set up for a show will be different.  This includes lighting effects (if any) and sound.  Consider the positioning of your speakers (if you are able to provide them).  I highly recommend rehearsals before you do a show as well as being prepared to perform in small areas.  I would have used a wireless microphone headset that I have but due to the limited set up area that was available as well as the positioning of the the speakers, there would have been feedback on the microphone.  I would have to have been positioned behind the speakers.  Also, at times I was unable to hear the music as loud as I would have desired.  Later on, I will be getting a floor monitor so that sound can be "pushed" back at me.  I used a 40 foot microphone extension cord so that I could walk into the audience.  The only difficulty with that was that I was concerned about tripping on the cord at some point during the show.  A technical flaw is always expected to occur no matter how much planning you may have invested.  I had previously made a disc on a DVD R disc but it would not play the music in the order that I had burned it.  I then created a back up folder and placed it on the desktop for easy access.  The only thing was that I had to "click" on each song to play it.  At some point I had accidently pressed the wrong button and moved the songs to the desktop.  For a few minutes I was unable to play any music at all.

Another thing to consider:  Have several long extention cords with a ground plug as you may not have easy access to an outlet.  I highly recommend power surge protected outlets so that you have access to more than 2 or 3 plugins.  If you happen to have a poor outlet provided you may have power outage with your equipment or other issues.
Keep your lighting and fans (if you decide to have one) plugged in separately from your sound system.  I do recommend that you get a fan for air circulation if you will be performing more than 30 minutes.

Take advantage of every show as a learning process.  For upcoming shows I will keep in mind of placing the Hemisphere lighting more into the room than near a wall, etc.  I momentarily forgot that most of the lighting would project onto the wall.
When you pack your clothing for performances I recommend that you pack the last to the first or lay them out in order as you perform.
You may find it a little challenging to perform, do costume changes, and have technical difficulties!!
During a show/performance try not to let anyone distract your attention away from what you are doing.  This includes people leaving or maybe not appearing to be enjoying themselves (perhaps).

Concerns for Privacy

Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Suggestions for getting rid of camera shyness   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Practice filming yourself on a regular basis

Have someone take pictures of you and then view them.

Get out in public such as in private parks, beaches, other people's
houses such as friends or acquaintances.

If you are able film a video of yourself and watch it on your television.

Accept mistakes and keep in mind of possibly making a "bloopers" video.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: I'VE REHEARSED AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYWHERE!!   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Like every performer has probably done, I start choreographing a section, realize that I have to find another video with the dance moves and then before long find myself totally mesmerized by watching Michael's performances.  (Totally forgetting that I am supposed to be working!)  I'm not quite sure yet as if that is being productive!  I am unable to account for the many times  that I plan to work on a certain dance routine but feel compelled to do another one instead.  It's not always something that one can completely control.  It almost feels as though the dance floor area has its own energy to it.  
Once a layout sheet has been completed, I will then set counts to each dance move.  It doesn't happen much but I may change a routine or add something in that feels like it is missing.  When I first began filming tutorials it felt a little difficult to perform different moves.  I later discovered that if you set it aside for a little while and then go back to it you will more than likely at that point be able to perform it.  If perhaps at this time you are thinking "this is way too hard, too complicated"  don't worry...IT GETS WORSE!!  Before you know it, you may even consider on quitting or wonder "Why in the world am I doing this?".  I never imagined that I would ever have a website with tutorials on it.  I never even in the beginning had any thought of choreographing anything.  "Just gonna learn a few moves."  That's exactly what I thought.  The problem is that I love Michael so much that once I got started I couldn't stop.  It was the most awesome feeling to me and I became more energetic and more driven in life to succeed at something than ever before.  I've never really thought of quitting.  However, I do have issues from time to time which I have a little concerns over.  (Randomly, my knees ache...I believe that I have arthritis.  I know that I will not be able to dance for too many years.  But, until that day comes I will enjoy life everyday.)  If you truly commit, you may be lucky enough to have a dream where Michael may just show you how to do a move or two.  I know that sounds crazy to the average person but it has happened to me many times.  I lost count of how many times that I have been on stage in my dreams with Michael and each one feels just like a memory.  I felt as though he was preparing me for the audiences, the public, the stage.  As strange as it may seem as a result, I don't feel any nervousness about performing in front of people.  The only thing that I do worry about now is just remembering all of the routines.
I'm not sure if someone should memorize one song at a time or perhaps attempt to memorize several.  In my case, I am guilty of working on at least 7 or more performances at the same time.  It has always been that way with me.  I'm not yet sure if that will affect me in the long run.  As a result,  I am experiencing a few routines that may be similar but have different moves.  I'm still working with those routines and may eventually figure out how to memorize it easier with less confusion.  Also, I am forgetting routines but I truly believe that with more practice, I will eventually master it.  Instead of memorizing counts all of the time I am saying the words to the song(s) instead as I rehearse.  Having counts in routines/sets, etc.  is still however extremely important.  Even now, I go back and have to find something.  

A very important factor to keep in mind as an entertainer/performer is t how you rehearse is how you will perform.  From time to time I am able to see "film strips" of what dance moves need to be performed just before it needs to be pulled off.

I find myself constantly worried about the fans.  An example is like the show that I did on 09-20-2013.  I spent quite a few hours trying to put songs together.  I changed it like a 100 times and still I felt as though something was missing.  Fact is, in the middle of the night at about 1 a.m. I was changing the songs all over again.  I didn't have any time for rehearsals.  I didn't know who in the world other than older people would be watching the show.  Are they going to like it, get bored, be offended?  Are they going to be filming me with their phones, cameras??  What happens if I make a big mistake.  They will probably put this on the internet as "the worst impersonator ever!!"  What songs do they want to hear?  How long should the show be?  How much space do I have to dance....OMG!! I'm used to the gym area.  Tables are in the way.  Should I use the microphone and sing or lip sing.....look out!! don't trip on the cord.  I should have used the wireless microphone but it would have had a lot of feedback on it.  I can't really do a sound check because the person I brought with me won't know how.  Hey....can everybody hear me?  Is it too loud?  Oh, no.... I forgot to change clothes during the show!!  The music will not play in the order that I want it too... I have to select each one.  You're kidding right??  Now the music won't play...really!!  
Even though all of this was going on in my mind....I don't think that anyone really took too much notice of it.  Overall, they seemed to have a good time.  
No matter what, the fans will enjoy the show.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: The Sacrifice - Price of Fame   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:01 am

I spent countless hours over the past 4 years watching Michael's shows and concerts.  A great deal of that time was spent sketching pictures from the computer screen.  An important thing to remember as a performer/choreographer is to save everything.  This includes every note, sketched picture, note, idea, and film clip.  Don't throw anything away.  Find a way to place everything in a notebook or folder because at some point you will eventually have to go back and reference it.
As funny as this may sound, I recommend that you get a magnifying glass.  This is so that as you are watching a concert when the camera is far away from the stage area, you will somewhat be able to see most of the dance moves.

As I think back to when I first started dancing sometime in August/September 2009, I so vividly remember how difficult everything seemed to be.  To even dance a routine for 15 seconds seemed so unreasonable.  I rehearsed so many spins that I once as I remember woke myself up by actually doing it while asleep.  The sore muscles...even muscles that I never even knew existed!  It didn't take me long to figure out that starting out with the side slide and the moonwalk would take somewhat of a considerable time to master.  Eventually, the soreness of it all did go away.  At first, I started doing 8, 16, and 24 count dance moves and worked with that for quite some time.

In April of 2010, I was invited to join as a participating team member with the Relay For Life.  About 3 days before the show in the late afternoon hours I found out that a talent contest was going to be held in the morning hours of the 2nd day of the Relay event.  I quickly called up a team member and told them that $250 was up for the first place winner.  With such short notice there was no time for preparations.  I spent a few hours getting ideas together.  More added stress...I didn't even know how to dance or perform!  I spent the next 2 days at work...long hours still no time for preparations.  By that Friday morning I felt the pressure.  I've somewhat choreographed all but the last 2 minutes of the song in my mind.  By the time it came for the show set up  I felt just a little panic.  From around 10 p.m. until about 6 a.m. I worked continuously on how the song would be performed.  At 9 a.m. the talent show started.

(Performance of "JAM")
I had asked someone to film the entire song.  It seems as though they either didn't want to or perhaps as they claim (the battery died).  Two young girls went on stage and performed a small act.  No one else other than me and them performed.  They ended up giving us both the $250 dollars each.
The following year the Relay did not want to do a talent show at all.  I was shocked!!  They did not have anyone performing anything.  It was just a DJ playing music....in fact the same music as had been done the previous year.  Nothing wrong with that but there wasn't hardly anything for the kids to do as far as entertainment.  I was really disappointed.  It was at that point when I felt as though I should consider full show routines rather than just individual song performances.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Planning For Rehearsals   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I have filmed several hundred tutorials and have found that I am able to memorize routines faster if I "sing" through it.  Although many mistakes will be made it is so much easier than just counting.  (Please keep in mind that the counts are to only assist you with pauses, holds, and music placement so that you perform in a flowing manner rather than random movements.)

I had only rehearsed this a few times before filming this.
I think in some cases it would be almost as easy as learning counts but in this case it worked really well.  As I become more familiar with the moves I will add in more details and then rehearse it as I want it to be for the original shows.

I very rarely will use someone other than Michael for dance moves but I happened to find a real good video for a song which I might consider on using at some point.

As I worked through some of the choreography I decided to just "mess" around with it and see what it would look like. In my opinion this just feels so much harder than learning a regular full length concert version song. This has so much detail and is incredibly fast. This will definitely require an incredible amount of rehearsals.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: The Stage Area   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 am

SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Dsc00412
Just to give you an idea for performances.  The area inside of the lines is the approximate size of the performance that I did  09-20-2013.  There is not much room for movement so you really have to know your routines very well.

SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Dsc00413
What I was used to was an area the size about 4 to 5 times larger than the area that I had performed in.  
This area is fantastic for all of the performances if you are able to have the luxury of the space.

SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Dsc00414
This space is 1/4 of the gym area.  This is perfect for several routines such as Captain EO, They Don't Really Care About Us and a few others.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Helpful Advice To Manage Stress   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

Technique 1: Deep Breathing

Technique 2: Do not worry about what other people say or think about you. If you do you have given them control of you.

Technique 3: Set short term goals that you will be able to accomplish with the outlook of reaching the ultimate goal.

Technique 4: Stay away from people/situations that cause/create negative energy.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: The Impersonator   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:42 pm

You say you want to be an impersonator to perform in front of crowds.
You say you want to travel the world, and do shows that drive the crowds wild.
You say you want the fame, the money, but are you really doing what's right?
The sacrifice of being the performer means being up both day and night.
Most of the time unable to sleep, always working on dance techniques.
Constantly concerned about having "The perfect show", of never making a mistake
you know. The cameras, the pictures, the crowds, the fans all trying to get close to
you as much as they can. The feelings inside of you, of wondering if what you'll do is right.
Constantly day and night. Once in front of the people you perform, they are all watching
you, some laughing, some to scorn. At this point you must well be the impersonator of whom
you always wanted to be. Hours and hours you have prepared, but are you really ready to
share? Years go by, many tears you have cried, perfection is in your eyes. Do not worry
about how others feel, of your lifestyle which now is so real. You have worked so many
years of creating a show. Believe me, no one can really understand or know.
You've sacrificed all that you could give for the show you now perform simply as a gift.
Yes, you get to travel and meet so many new friends, but after this reality you often feel
alone. Sometimes people whom you've always known do not rally know you and may now
not want anything to do with you at all. Tell me, when you are in the "spotlight" who then
really is genuine and true. Someone whom you can really talk to. The impersonator
must always be willing to give, to rehearse for unlimited hours and sacrifice the majority
of their lives if they want to be the best. Do not be concerned about the rest of what others
think. It does not matter even if it appears as though they may be better than you, what
matters really is if you are genuinely true. Be the best impersonator you can be. No matter
what, you will be appreciated and loved by me.
10-18-2013[img]SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS 52478811[/img]
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: October 18, 2013   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Well, I thought that I was going to rehearse this morning but the gym was closed for minor repairs (lights). no place to rehearse today except in my kitchen. Fumbled through some songs to start memorization for even though I already have like 20 or so ready. Just feeling like I'm missing something. That's not unusual. Once again, I found a picture and was inspired by it to write a poem called "The Impersonator". Fumbled through some songs and came across a video. I've seen the royal Brunei Concert before but was for some reason compelled to choreograph "Earth Song". Yea...I needed to do that I guess. Such is the life of a choreographer. I'm trying to do memorization for my upcoming shows!! Exactly how many pages of material do I actually do before I say, "Okay, that's really enough"? LOL...The thing that gets me is when I get chills in my arms and then all through me. For some reason, at that point no matter how much I want to do something else I have to stop what I'm working on and do this so called project. Funny thing my birds want me to play music and spin lights for them but all I end up saying is that I will do it later...stop screaming I'm choreographing!! I've spent an incredible amount of time behind the computer. No one really understands what I've done and the amount of sacrifice that I've put into all of the stuff that has already been done. (At least, I'm not really sure that they do. Even though they may.) I've been asked to perform so many times. Well, I'm working on that but I feel incredibly compelled to work on more choreography and it's not something that I can just put down when I want. I understood even from the very beginning that I would not have a "normal life" like everyone else. Fact is,
I don't want that life back. I love who I am and would not change for anybody. I just want all of the Michael Jackson impersonators, performers, choreographers to know that I support them. I appreciate and never take anyone for granted, neither do I judge them by what they do or do not do. anybody can talk to me and I assure you that I will listen and most likely understand them especially if they feel alone, judged, or if it seems as though their whole world is chaotic, overwhelming, and they experience pressures from racism which is directed at them simply because of who they are or who they want to be. We all have one thing in common and that is we all love Michael Jackson each in our own way.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: October 24-2013   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 pm

[img]SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS 13822010[/img]

Hello to everyone, especially to those who have been with me through the years.  Currently, I am in rehearsals...always rehearsals.  I love what I do and I see so much progress even in the few weeks since I started putting all of the routines together.  I've had several requests from a friend of mine that I know to perform so many times that I lost count.  Considered on doing live shows via facebook but have encountered a few technical difficulties.  Last night, tried to do a test and could not even get it to work.  Frustrations!!  Nevertheless, the show(s) will be coming very soon, probably sooner than either you or I realize.  I always do things spontaneously without planning much of the time as I really do not care much for advanced scheduling.
As far as what I do....well I work on at least 7 songs at a time.  It doesn't matter if it is with rehearsals or with choreography.  It's never overwhelming it is just extremely time consuming and of course you have to dedicate yourself way more than 100 percent.  there is an incredible amount of sacrifices to be made.  Truth is I don't even know how I could function not doing what I do.  I always feel as though I haven't worked on it enough, haven't rehearsed enough, need more dance moves/techniques.  Something seems to be missing....that's when I again change choreography and it drives me crazy!!  In the back of my mind, am I trying to compete with Michael or myself?  Have already memorized a few songs and it feels so good to see all of the hard work finally coming together.  Considering on just doing private performances, birthday parties, some social event(s) perhaps but not really anything else.  The BIG shows belong to my special impersonator friends.  Also, a show is at times better when you have back up dancers and back up stage assistants and a ton of money to support it.  So much is done behind the scenes that people will never see.  Shortly, I will be getting more stage lighting, effects, sound equipment, clothes, etc.  but it will yet take a few more months.  As long as I can bring happiness into someone's life and have them completely forget about the "World's" every day stress then my mission has been accomplished and I will be completely fulfilled.  It doesn't matter how many hours I work or how tired I get.  The show must go on.  Much love to my friends:  Alex Blanco, Sergey Nikolov, Matis Jackson, Mickael Jackson, J. Michael Lucas, Jeffrey Perez, Michael Firestone, Boris (Dancing To The Eternity) Rory Jackson, Roy Hamilton, Enzo Jackson, NuNu Sullivan.  You guys are so awesome and so incredibly inspiring!! Thank you so much for being a friend of mine.  Cole Porter
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: What could happen when involving friends into your "projects" could do   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 pm

At the very end of October, 2013 I had made a telephone call to two friends of mine whom had assisted me with the 1st show that I did on 09-20-2013.  (Well, one person was interested in doing sign language and the other one watched.  It was mentioned that they would like to go to more shows.  A few weeks went by of course and I was somewhat a little skeptical as if they should even go.to future bookings.  I made a phone call to the activity director of the facility that we had previously gone to and was discussing a possible time that we would return back.  Even though I did not schedule a specific date we had discussed that December would be convenient.  Therefore, I then made a phone call to my friends and let them know that they could go in December if they wanted to.  Also, on the agenda is a potential trip to the Ronald McDonald House in Chapel Hill in February or March perhaps.  My overall opinion??  Never involve your friends in the "spotlight" even if they make like everything is ok...it'll be fun, etc.  Trust me. They will not be prepared for the sacrifices that have to be made.  Truly, they do not and probably never will understand you.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=where+is+chapel+hill&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89acc31c216e7ea7:0x7f03bae00443e4cb,Chapel+Hill,+NC&gl=us&ei=9vB2Utr9C4ygsATuz4HoBQ&ved=0CCsQ8gEwAA

I had mentioned that if "Morning Dove" (artificial name) was good enough at doing sign language that she could go with me.  But she would have to be able to keep up with the music for the show.
Minutes later after I got off the phone I received a phone call questioning my motives?? perhaps.  And that my shows relied on them??  (Other stuff was mentioned.)
Overall, I decided and came to the ultimate conclusion that no one understands me.  I can't believe it!!  
So I wrote a message to them.

Lovingly...just for inquiring minds.  I've worked for years as you well know on putting together shows for the enlightenment for people to enjoy.  An incredible amount of money and time has gone into this project.  As I understand, you will be unable to participate in traveling with me to different places and cities.  Well, believe it or not I do understand and am somewhat disappointed that you will not be able to do so.  Still, after being friends for so many years, it nevertheless does not take away neither add to or from the shows.  The ultimate goal has always been and will always be to enrich other people's lives with entertainment and love.  Neither you nor "Morning Dove" was ever expected to do anything neither were there ever any demands placed upon anyone and the show(s) do no rely on that fact.  It is quite obvious that you do not have a clear concept of what  I am really doing.  (I would guess that because we never discussed it.)  That is truly alright as maybe perhaps our way of thinking IS different..OOPS!!  I forgot that you guys are not prepared to be placed in the spotlight....sorry, but I've conditioned myself inasmuch in a way that is what I consider a "normal life" for me.  (You've never been exposed!!)  I'm already used to the semi-celebrity life style, you've only seen a mere glimpse of it.  Perhaps the reality of it would frighten you both and create an uncomfortable environment on your part.  Like I said before, I'm used to things,
even situations that you haven't seen happen yet.  People come up to me all of the time, you have to deal with cameras where ever you go.  You have to constantly watch for people running up to you.  It's happened yes, but when I hang out with you guys I have that temporary "normal"  life.  Would never jeopardize anyone in any way whatsoever.  If you choose you can just watch videos instead.  In life we have to make choices, some we may or may not like.  I choose to continue my work as an entertainer through the thick and thin and in soon due time will have even more obligations placed upon me than ever before.  You'll just have to watch from a distance.  Cole.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Programming Chauvet Obey 70 using a Chauvet Hemisphere 5.1 Light   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Chauvet Obey 70 Part 2 (creating scenes) using a 5.1 Chauvet Hemisphere   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Private Performance 12-23-2013   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: Private Live Show scheduled for January 7, 2014   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:53 pm

[img]SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS 3432_110[/img]

This upcoming show has more available floor space than in previous performances and should allow for a better show. Another anticipated packed out show.
Back to top Go down
MJLegendaryTributeShow
Admin
MJLegendaryTributeShow

PostSubject: February 11, 2014   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:17 pm

SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS <a href=SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS 29336010" />

I'm proud to say that as a "female Michael Jackson Impersonator" I am one of the few whom
has NOT changed my appearance to try to look like Michael Jackson. I am very much just being
myself. Creating the illusion of looking like Michael is very fascinating as far as watching others do it.
Very few have mastered the technique quite well and it is only a very few that I'm impressed with.
Others....I feel act as though they are Michael. Those people have gone too far. Through the years I've
seen countless people whom are obsessed with getting subscribers and so called friends. Once they
get thousands of subscribers....on YouTube they then abandon or appear to abandon the channel. Some
even completely disappearing off of the internet with no regards to the people whom are supporting them!
I would NEVER do that to anyone. If I had a situation occur I would at least give notice of some kind. Also,
I would not claim to be the BEST IMPERSONATOR. Who decided that?? Even though I am now currently
doing shows which I really love, I do miss making tutorials. The transition from tutorials to shows is an
incredible amount of adjustment for one to make especially since I had devoted about 4 1/2 years doing it.
As far as doing shows now...it has always been my ultimate dream. I honestly, did not really have a full
grasp of where I was going or what I was getting ready to do. I had an incredible amount of what I call
"tunnel vision" in order to reach a goal which really was once just an idea. The ability to bring joy and
happincess in people's lives has always been my ultimate goal. Just recently, in the February 9, 2014 show
which I just did I had someone tell me that they believed that "I was going to change a lot of people's lives."
At the time, I was in a general conversation and it didn't really "hit" me until later. After the show a lady told me
that "she felt like a kid again." It's just so amazing I've always been so focused on what Michael did and I've
been so incredibly busy trying to imitate him that I literally forgot that people were actually watching what I am
doing instead! I've never really thought about it because I'm not focused on myself. I focus on other people
because they are the one's who really matter. It is so extremely important to let the people who are forgotten
and lonely and neglected know that they are NOT alone. They must know that they have someone who cares
about them always. When I perform everyone in the room appears to be having fun, laughing, dancing.
No one is thinking about how old they are or of what race they are. It is an incredible experience because
for the length of the show everyone is your friend and no one judges you. After the show is over.....there is a silence.
The crowds leave and tell you how much fun it was and then I pack up everything and go home.
The equipment goes back in my bedroom and then I once again start over again setting up for the future show.
There are many advantages and disadvantages to this so called "mini celebrity lifestyle". I've learned what
Michael meant when he said that he was "married" to his music. It is literally impossible to have a relationship
with someone when you are committed to this type of entertainment business. There really is not a lot of
free time. Then again, it depends on how much you commit to the projects. You get stared at, comments,
questions, people take pictures of you, film you. People try to figure out who you are and what is
your purpose....what is it that you do? Do you sing, do you dance. You do only Michael Jackson?
Are people paying you? What do you call yourself? I've learned to just stay out of the public as much
as possible. People already recognize me anyway so why draw attention to it? The people whom
I do shows for, they are the "stars" not me. I just happen to love Michael that is all. I intend on performing
shows as much and as long as I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS   SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUPPORT FOR MICHAEL JACKSON DANCERS/IMPERSONATORS
Page 1 of 1